RICHMOND, VA – Congressman A. Donald McEachin (VA-04) today announced a federal grant from the Department of Health and Human Services to the Virginia Department of Health for $491,290,671 for expanding lab capacity to address infectious diseases.
Congressman McEachin said, "If this past year has taught us anything, it is how quickly a little known virus can wreak havoc, destroy economies, and sicken and kill millions. Increasing the ability of top notch labs like the Virginia Department of Health to analyze and address these kinds of dangerous diseases will save lives, reduce burdens on the overwhelmed healthcare system, and allow people to keep their jobs and support their families."
- Prince George seeks to raise teacher’s wages in upcoming budget
- Dinwiddie girl celebrates sixth birthday with six good deeds for community
- Petersburg mother sentenced to 12 years for DUI crash killing woman and child
- Prince George mother charged with attempted drowning of child
- VSU offering free tuition to local students
- Rep. McEachin Announces 2021 Congressional Art Competition
- Tri-Cities transportation projects shut out of funding opportunity
- Local senator highlights bipartisanship of Virginia's historic new Data Privacy Act
- Case filed against Prince George Co., Va., regarding issues with fire, EMS
- Crater Health District seeks volunteers to assist with vaccines
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Daily Headlines from The Prince George Journal
We'll send breaking news and news alerts to you as they happen!