Couple suffers burns, smoke inhalation in overnight Disputanta house fire

By: Michael Campbell | Twitter: @itsthesoup
Posted: Sept 23, 2017 | 10:20 a.m. 

DISPUTANTA – An early morning in Disputanta left a couple with severe burns and smoke inhalation, according to first responders.

According to Prince George Fire and EMS Director Brad Owens, the county’s fire and EMS crews were dispatched to the 13000 block of Arwood Road around 1:43 a.m. Saturday morning for a residential fire reported by an alert neighbor.

Fire units from Company 2 in Disputanta were returning from a brush fire when they arrived on scene shortly after the call was dispatched. When firefighters reached the home, they found the occupants outside in the front yard.

Crews made entry into the home, conducted a search, and quickly extinguished the blaze.

According to Owens, one occupant suffered severe burns in various areas of their body and the other occupant suffered severe smoke inhalation. Both occupants were taken to VCU Medical Center in Richmond for treatment. Their condition is unknown as of this report.

Fire investigators determined the origin of the fire was in the living room near a space heater and electrical devices.

Copyright 2017 by Womack Publishing
Photo: Prince George Fire and EMS
Send Us Your News Tips or Report an Error

Leave a Reply